Sizzlin’ Lemon Bourbon Jerk Chicken on the Grill Recipe
Hey there, grill master extraordinaire! Get ready to turn up the heat and infuse your chicken with a tantalizing burst of flavor. This playful recipe will guide you through the art of creating mouthwatering Jerk Chicken on the grill, featuring a zesty twist of lemon and a dash of Scott Bourbon Jerk Sauce. So grab your tongs, fire up that grill, and let’s get cookin’!
- 4 pounds of chicken pieces (legs, thighs, or wings)
- 4 tablespoons of Scott Bourbon Jerk Sauce
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (adjust to your preferred level of spiciness)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep the chicken:
- Rinse the chicken pieces under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Make a few shallow cuts in each piece to help the marinade penetrate the meat.
- Whip up the marinade:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the juice of one lemon, olive oil, minced garlic, allspice, paprika, dried thyme, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Squeeze the juice of the second lemon into the bowl and give it all a good stir.
- Marinate the chicken:
- Place the chicken pieces in a large resealable bag or a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, ensuring each piece is well coated.
- Seal the bag or cover the dish and let the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours (or overnight for maximum flavor).
- Preheat the grill:
- Fire up your grill to medium-high heat. If using charcoal, ensure the coals are white and glowing.
- Get grillin’:
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Place the chicken on the grill, skin side down.
- Cook the chicken for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C) for juicy, fully cooked chicken.
- Brush on the magic:
- As the chicken cooks, baste it generously with Scott Bourbon Jerk Sauce on both sides.
- Continue grilling and basting, flipping occasionally, until the chicken is beautifully charred and cooked through.
- Serve and savor:
- Once the chicken is done, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Serve your sizzlin’ Lemon Bourbon Jerk Chicken hot off the grill, garnished with some freshly chopped cilantro or green onions, if desired.
Please consider Grace Foods Jerk Scotch Bonnet Sauce For This recipe:
Enjoy the explosion of flavors: Now, my friend, you’re ready to sink your teeth into a flavor-packed feast! The combination of zesty lemon, spicy jerk marinade, and the tantalizing touch of Scott Bourbon Jerk Sauce will have your taste buds dancing. Gather your friends, fire up the grill, and savor every juicy bite of this playful and scrumptious dish. Happy grilling!